The RA application for the 2016-2017 academic year will be available from November 10 to January 10 each year.
Candidates must attend one information session – this is a mandatory part of the application process.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University of Florida.
- Have a 2.5 cumulative UF GPA. In addition, have a 2.5 UF GPA in the semester prior to employment.
- Be able to return to campus early for staff training if hired.
- The application will be available via Careers at UF at explore.jobs.ufl.edu. If you have problems with the website, please contact the Office of Student Learning and Engagement at 352-392-2171 ext. 10668 or RAPMSelection@housing.ufl.edu .
- You are not required to have reference letters. You will provide the names and contact information for 2 references who can provide a reliable description of your abilities to perform tasks or follow-through on a job. These people may be a professor, employer, or advisor. They do not have to work at UF, but they should not be family members.
- A resume is required for this position. A suggested length is one page.
November: Information sessions will be held on campus in residence areas and other locations to share information about undergraduate positions in housing, the selection process, and to answer questions.
November 10: Application will be available on Careers at UF website: http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu
January 10: Application will close.
Week of January 11: Exclusive Career Resource Center Workshops to help candidates prepare for our unique interview process.
- Monday, January 11th @ 4:05 – 4:55pm CRC Library
- Tuesday, January 12th @ 5:10 – 6:00 pm CRC Library
- Thursday, January 14th @ 3:00 – 3:50pm CRC Library
January 23, 2016: The group interview portion of the selection process with be held from 9:30-am-12:30 pm on campus. Please reserve this date and time.
Week of January 25, 2016: Each candidate will participate in an individual interview on campus.
February: Candidates will be notified of their status via email before Spring Break.
The resident assistant (RA) and are integral position within the Department of Housing and Residence Education—merging both student leadership and student employment for an opportunity our staff will tell you is among their top UF experiences. The RA position within the Department of Housing and Residence Education is a live-in position, which requires the RA to reside on a floor housing 25 to 65 students. The RA/ works under the supervision and direction of a residence director (RD), or a graduate hall director (GHD) and an Area Coordinator (AC). Within their unit, the RA is responsible for promoting a community environment that is conducive to the personal growth and development of all residents. Responsibilities in the position of RA are numerous, and the RA is the focal point for the day-to-day operation of their floor. The RA is a student, business manager, peer, referral agent, friend, educational and social programmer, and disciplinarian. This diversity of roles and responsibilities is challenging and calls on the RA to utilize organizational and interpersonal skills. The RA position provides an opportunity to maximize self-development, maturity, and confidence during the college years. It is the goal of the Department of Housing and Residence Education to hire staff who are committed to the increasing knowledge, experience, appreciation, and respect of cultures, issues and local, regional, and global communities. We strive to develop a community that facilitates interaction among students, faculty and staff representative of diverse traditions, abilities, sexual orientations and spiritual convictions, socioeconomic status, and racial and ethnic origins. We strongly encourage applications from individuals who are committed to this ongoing development of a true Global Understanding. RARCA Position Description
If you have any questions regarding the Resident Assistant position and selection process, please contact our office at 352-392-2171 ext. 10668 or RAPM@housing.ufl.edu