Planning a Conference?
Plan your event with us! There are all kinds of options available all around the Gator Nation. Our facilities are located in and around the heart of the Gator Nation. University of Florida Residence Halls are neighbored by unique on-campus meeting spaces, dining options, and scenic UF landmarks.
Our team is continually striving to offer the best options for our valued guests.
Below is the most current Catering Options Menu for Conference Services at UF:
The Conference Services Team is continually striving to offer the best options to our valued guests.
Below is the most current Dining Option Menu for Conference Services at UF:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What times of the year are your Summer Programs with Conference Services available?
Conference Lodging is available from May 5, 2017 – August 1, 2017. Intern Housing is available from May 5, 2017 – August 6, 2017. International Graduate Guest Housing is a short term housing option available from July 1, 2017 – August 6, 2017.
- How do I Reserve space on campus for my summer program with Conference Services?
To reserve space on campus for your summer program follow these easy steps:
- Once you have met the eligibility guidelines, send an email to ConferenceServices@housing.ufl.edu.
- A Conference Services Representative will send you a confirmation email within 48 business hours.
- After providing all necessary information via email to the Conference Services Representative, your contract and invoice will be compiled and sent to you.
- You will then need to print, sign, scan, and return the signature page of your contract via email to ConferenceServices@housing.ufl.edu.
- Completed payment must be received at least 7 days prior to your contracted check-in date.
- In which residence hall will I be living in?
The Intern Housing Program & International Graduate Guest Housing guest are lodged in suite style residence halls. Conference Lodging is available in traditional and suite style residence halls. Each spring, specific residence halls are identified for each summer program.
- Is there wireless internet in my room?
Wireless internet is available in every residence hall on the University of Florida campus. Upon check-in, you will receive login information as well as an information sheet regarding how to successfully set up and access DHNet.
- Is there parking, and is this included in the fees?
One parking pass is included in the fees each person pays for his/her room. Additional parking passes are $5 per pass, per day.
- What’s your contact info in case I have further questions?
If you have further questions please call: 352-392-2171, extension 16400 and tell the representative who answers that you have questions regarding Conference Services and it’s programs. You can also email us at ConferenceServices@housing.ufl.edu with questions.
Conference Planning Steps
Thank you for your intrest in working with Conference Services at the University of Florida Department of Housing and Resident Education. From our team to yours, happy planning!
Event Coordinator Step-By-Step
- Visit Conference Lodging and review the ‘Suite Style Lodging’ and ‘Traditional Style Lodging’ section which outlines the on-campus room types that are offered by Conference Services.
- Work with your team to decide what room type you would like to accommodate your guests.
- Conference Services rates are typically established every December and buildings identified each January for the following summer season.
- Submit your camp information by emailing our office at ConferenceServices@housing.ufl.edu.
- Double check your information, then email confirmation, changes, or questions to ConferenceServices@housing.ufl.edu. You may also call: 352-392-2171, extension 16400 with any questions.
- Once your information is confirmed a contract will be drafted and emailed to you.
- Review your contract and addendums.
- Print, sign, scan and return the signature pages of the contract and addendums electronically via email to ConferenceServices@housing.ufl.edu.
- A Conference Services Team member will return a complete electronic copy of the contract to your Event Coordinator via email. In this email will also be a blank, official Conference Services Excel Roster, a floor plan, and an instructional on how to complete the official roster.
- Return your complete Excel roster via email to ConferenceServices@housing.ufl.edu no later than 14 business days prior to your camp’s first check-in date.
- A Conference Services Team member will review your official rosters and return them to you for correction if information has been provided improperly.
- A Conference Services Team member will upload your excel roster data to the Conference Programmer Management System, then return finalized rosters to the Event Coordinator via email along with check-in information.
- Prepare for your check-in date.
- Check-in will take place at your designated Residence Hall Area Desk, unless otherwise arranged with the Conference Services Team. Each lodging participant will sign a copy of the official roster to indicate receipt of, and responsibility for, the items received at that time. Items may include: room key and FOB/electronic access card (where applicable), parking pass or pre-loaded dining card.
- The Event Coordinator or another designated staff member may sign keys and other items out for the entire group, but this will result in the responsibility for returning these items being placed on the person who checked them out.
Some General Tips & Reminders
- Designate an Event Coordinator. This individual is the main contact for your event with whom Conference Services will soley communicate regarding all details of your event. This individual will manage the planning steps for your event.
- Always include the name of your event in the subject line of your emails to ConferenceServices@housing.ufl.edu. This way the Conference Services Team may respond quickly and accurately to your inquires and requests. For example: ‘Wrestling 2’ should be the subject line when emailing information about the second wrestling camp of the summer.
- For meeting space/equipment requests, or changes to your event, please allow 24 business hours of processing time by the Conference Services Team.
- It is extremely important to be careful when completing official Conference Services forms and rosters. The name, format and layout of form and roster files should never change. Do not change fonts, font sizes, cell colors, cell arrangement, etc. Triple-check that you are placing the correct information in the correct field. If information is submitted incorrectly, it will be returned for correction.
- Rosters are due 14 business days prior to your camp’s earliest check-in date.
- Room swaps are not allowed; Conference Services guests must remain in their assigned beds for compliance and security.
- For each guest who submits the wrong room keys at check-out, the group will be charged $50 due to the resulting breach in compliance.
- For each guest who misplaces their keys, a $55 (hard key) or $25 (FOB/card) lost key charge will be applied. Some Event Coordinators request that all participants hand in a deposit check at the time of key receipt. This check is then held by the Event Coordinator until check-out and the keys are returned. If the participant misplaces their keys, the deposit check is kept to cover the key charge.