Student Learning and Engagement Graduate Staff Member
The Department of Housing and Residence Education is looking for graduate level students to fulfill the three exciting Student Learning & Engagement (SLE) graduate staff positions that focus on Living Learning Communities, Training, Recruitment and Selection, or Programming and Leadership for academic year 2017/18. The SLE positions are a live-on campus position (on-campus apartment including utilities provided).
- Coordinate residential curriculum for 6-7 living learning communities.
- Provide support for the advisor-in-residence program.
- Collaborate to support marketing for living-learning communities.
- Co-lead the student staff recruitment and selection team to recruit quality candidates.
- Coordinate marketing for student staff recruitment.
- Coordinate the interview process for approximately 300 candidates.
- Co-lead the student staff training team towards providing a comprehensive training experience.
- Develop and implement training experiences for student staff.
- Assist in advising a Department of Housing student organization. Provide support and information to the executive board and members of the organization.
- Coordinate the an administrative process (e.g., recruitment and selection, student staff training) or assist with advising Department of Housing student organizations
- Communicate with professional staff, student staff, and candidates in a professional and timely manner.
- Attend and lead meetings including, but not limited to Student Learning & Engagement staff meeting, one-on-one meetings with supervisor, LLC stakeholder meetings, RA Selection Team, and Training Team, and student organizations.
- Maintain 20 office hours a week in the Office of Student Learning and Engagement.
- Follow Housing protocols
The SLE graduate staff member is currently paid a contract rate of $4,3685.00 each semester or $485.00 bi-weekly over 9 pay periods (fall and spring only) based on 9.5 months of work, 20 hours per week from approximately August 1st to May 1st. In addition to salary, a $300.00 per semester (fall and spring only) declining balance for meal plan is provided. An on-campus apartment, fully furnished with all utilities, is provided. Remuneration does not include tuition. Out-of-state fee waivers are sometimes available, but are NOT guaranteed (see information on our employment website). If approved, only 95% of out-of-state fees can be waived, and is only available during the academic year.
The abilities and qualities essential to this position are:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time graduate student in good standing as defined by the University or specific college at the time of actual employment.
- Must be able to have a 20 hr FTE available
- Be able to work effectively with the University population (staff, students, parents, etc.).
- Demonstrate a sense of job responsibility and maturity.
- Show evidence of leadership skills.
- Show evidence of good time management skills.
- Preference is given to candidates who have residence hall supervisory experience and/or who are majoring in student personnel, counseling, guidance, or administration in higher education.
Special instructions To Applicant:
In addition to the application (see link below), a resume and a cover letter addressing the following questions must be uploaded:
- Skills and abilities you will bring to a Housing graduate level position.
- What you hope to accomplish in a Housing graduate level position.
- Your experience and any specific areas of expertise you have relevant to the work of student affairs
- In which college/department are you seeking your graduate degree and how this fits for your career goals?
For priority consideration please submit your application by February 15, 2017.
Interviews: After an initial application screening, candidates from academic programs other than Student Personnel in Higher Education applicants will be invited to interview on campus or over the phone on March 16 and 17, 2017 or March 30 and 31, 2017.
How To Apply
For priority consideration, applications for graduate positions for the upcoming academic year will be due by February 15, 2017. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at HRERLEGraduateStaffRecruitment@housing.ufl.edu.