Entrepreneurial LLC at Infinity Hall: Live, Learn, Lead in a Community of Entrepreneurs!
The Entrepreneurial Living Learning Community at Infinity Hall is located in the heart of Gainesville’s Innovation Square and offers student innovators unparalleled access to the tools and resources for their own entrepreneurial journey. This interdisciplinary living learning center operates for 12 months of the year and connects academic coursework, internship experiences, professional and peer mentorship, and experiential learning to create a dynamic academic and business-oriented environment.
Unique to Infinity Hall, residents are not only allowed, but encouraged to develop and even operate a business while living in the hall. Community standards developed with the students’ needs in mind govern the hall and support students’ expression of creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
The Infinity Entrepreneurial LLC aims to help students understand the central role of creativity and innovation in entrepreneurship, conceptual frameworks for exploring entrepreneurship in society, and the components of a business plan. Residents will learn about the issues and concerns surrounding setting up a new business venture while being able to practice creating and recognizing entrepreneurial opportunities. Infinity Hall values the importance of community among entrepreneurs, especially in an entrepreneurial eco-system as strong as the one that exists in Gainesville.
With the whole student in mind, programs in the entrepreneurship LLC include panels and discussions with local entrepreneurs, an annual technology internship fair, ongoing mindfulness and yoga classes, and workshops in design, coding, programming, creativity and more.
Residents will have the opportunity to take classes related to creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship from various colleges on a rotating basis. Students in the Innovation Academy who live in Infinity Hall are able to take classes within their own building. To learn more about the Innovation Academy, visit innovationacademy.ufl.edu.
Other resources available to residents of Infinity Hall LLC include:
- Living Learning Community RAs: Lead programming and community building related to the focus of the Living Learning Community
- MADE@UF: 24/7 lab equipped to enable students to develop mobile applications through cutting edge technology, such as oculus rifts.
- Launchpad: Startup incubator that provides mentorship, community, experiential education, and resources for student businesses to grow.
- MINT STUDIO: Student-run graphic design studio.
- A2 FabLab: Digital fabrication lab with technologies including 3D printing and scanning, laser cutting, 3-axis CNC milling, and waterjet cutting.
- Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Located on the first floor providing tools and experiences for pursuing innovations and entrepreneurial start-ups.
How to join the Infinity Hall Entrepreneurial LLC:
Shortly after the official notification is sent to students admitted to the University of Florida, the housing Assignments Office will send housing contracts to students that have an active housing application on file. Students who complete the housing contract process (sign the contract and pay the prepayment) will be able to indicate hall/room preferences. During that time you will be asked if you are interested in living in an LLC and if so, which one. Simply indicate Entrepreneurial LLC at Infinity Hall as your choice. Students will be able to select a room during the self-assignment process and simply need to select Infinity Hall to be a member of the LLC.
Apply HERE to join the Launchpad Scholars Program.
Apply HERE to join the FAB Lab 101 Workshop!