Congratulations on choosing to live in the heart of the Gator Nation Again!
The Returning Student Room Sign-up process is for current campus housing residents that: want to live in campus housing for Fall 2013 / Spring 2014 are considering living in campus housing for Fall 2014 / Spring 2015. You do not have to re-apply for housing if you currently live on campus you only need to complete a new contract. If there is any chance that the current campus housing resident may require campus housing for Fall 2014 / Spring 2015, they are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to complete the Returning Student Sign-up process since students can cancel with a cancellation charge.
Recontracting Fall 2014/Spring 2015 Dates
|November||Information shared about recontracting|
|December 2, 2013||Contract Offers Begin|
|January 13, 2014||Contract Offers Conclude|
|January 27th – February 9th||Room Selection for Recontracted Students|
|July TBA, 2014||Rent Billed (for students with assigned rooms)|
|Aug TBA 2014||Rent Due (for billed students)|
|Oct TBA 2014||Rent Deferment Applications Due|
|Aug TBA, 2014||Halls open for Fall 2014|
|Aug TBA, 2014||2014 Fall Classes Start|
Recontracting Innovation Academy Spring 2015/Summer 2015 Dates
|March 2014||Information shared about recontracting|
|April 15, 2014||Contract Offers Begin|
|April 26, 2014||Contract Offers Conclude|
|May 13th-May 17th||Room Selection for Recontracted Students|
|June 11, 2014*/ October 2014**||Rent Billed (for students with assigned rooms) Fall* Spring**|
|Fall / Spring||Rent Due (for billed students)|
|Fall / Spring||Rent Deferment Applications Due|
|Aug TBA , 2014||Halls open for Fall 2014|
|January TBA, 2015||Halls open for Spring 2015|
|Jan TBA, 2015||2015 Spring Classes Start|
For a hands-on Recontracting, Question & Answer Session, attend one of the following presentations below:
|Main Housing Office||Wednesday April 9th (9am-10am)|
|Main Housing Office||Thursday April 10th (8am-9am)|
|Main Housing Office||Thursday April 10th (4pm-5pm)|
Click on the links below for instructions
Submit your contract and $200 pre-rent payment by your due date to guarantee a housing space. If under 18, parents MUST sign Residence Hall Contract(s).
Innovation Academy students completing both Fall and Spring/Summer contracts must submit two (2) contracts and two (2) pre-rent payments of $200 each by your due date. Fall Innovation Academy contracts are limited and have specific eligibility requirements. Innovation Academy contracts for returning Innovation Academy students are also limited.
*Fall Only Contract Option for Innovation Academy (Deadline: April 26, 2014)
Email FallOnly@housing.ufl.edu with your UFID, First and Last name, along with your expressed interest of completing a Fall only contract. These contracts are limited in number and will be offered on a first come first serve basis. Fall only contracts are limited by residential area.
Room Selection for Fall Only Contracts (see dates below)
- Receive Fall Only contract and further details regarding steps email.
- Fall Only contracts are limited and are available in a number of locations on campus. You will have the option to choose your space within the building/area in conjunction with Undergraduate Assignments.
*Click links below to move to specific areas
Room Selection will be for Beaty West:
May 13th- May 17th Will be open for any space.
May 19th Fall Only Assignments will be made for same room, unless another area is preference on campus.
You will have the opportunity to place a hold on the vacant space in your selected room for a roommate 24 hours before the date that they are eligible toselect the room. Your friend must then accept the held space within the 24 hour window. If the student does not accept the held space within 24 hours the hold will expire and the space will be available to all other students participating in Room Sign-Up. Roommates new to Keys cannot be pulled into Keys unless it is also their class standing day.
- Log into myHousing Portal with your Gatorlink information on your selection date and time.
- Search for a room on-campus with more than one vacancy.
- Selected that space.
- Place a hold on any vacant spaces available in your selected room for your prospective roommates with their UFID number. Holds can only be placed for students with the same Housing Contract period.
- See Examples below
- An email will be sent to the other student(s) notifying them that a space is being held for them and that they have 24 hours to either accept or decline the space.
- That student must sign on to the Housing Portal within 24 hours of the hold being placed (regardless of their Signup Date and Time), select the ROOM SIGNUP link and either Accept or Decline the held space. The hold will be removed from the vacant space if the student does not Accept/Decline the space within 24 hours, and will be available to other students in the room selection process.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the roommate regarding the whether the student accepted or denied that space.
Rent is due in full prior to the beginning of each semester. You must apply for a housing deferment to use financial aid funds towards your billed rent.
Our main office (352)392-2171 is available for assistance Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
You can also send messages on www.Facebook.com/UFHousing