Thank you for living with UF Housing!
Our residence hall closing dates are as follows:
Fall 2016 Term Closing (December 17, 2016 at 12 p.m.)
Spring 2017 Term Closing (April 29, 2017 at 12 p.m.)
Summer A 2017 Term Closing (June 17, 2017 at 12 p.m.)
Summer B 2017 Term Closing (August 5, 2017 at 12 p.m.)
Please Select The Move Out Category:
Moving Out: Contract Term(s) Ended or Leaving Campus Housing with an Approved Cancellation/Appeal
Students who contract has ended or have received an approved cancellation/appeal will move out on the designated closing date.
Process for Moving Out Properly Each Semester:
Students are required to their Resident Assistant’s floor meeting or individual meeting on closing procedures. Based on the information given at that meeting and in this document, plan your move-out accordingly.
There are TWO options to move out of your room for each semester: Express or Traditional Move Out.
TRADITIONAL MOVE OUT:
1. Make an appointment with your Resident Assistant for room move-out.
- Appointments must be made 24 hours in advance and must be completed by 11:30 a.m. on the Saturday of closing.
- Move-out must occur after you have removed all belongings from your room and are ready to leave the residence hall.
2. Your Resident Assistant will complete your digital Room Condition Report.
- When you and your Resident Assistant leave your room at the completion of room move-out, windows should be closed, your lights should be off, and your door locked.
3. Within 30 minutes of completing room check-out, bring your Move Out Receipt card to the Area Desk
- Turn in all hard keys/access cards/key fobs.
- Complete a change of address card so mail and packages will be forwarded to the correct location.
Please note: Rooms with trash or items left (that do not belong to a roommate that has not left) will not be cleared for move-out. This includes shelves, carpet, rental refrigerators, posters, etc. You must properly recycle or dispose of all items and trash before checking-out with your RA. Be sure to take your bike as it may be tagged for removal.
EXPRESS MOVE OUT:
You can forgo making an appointment with your Resident Assistant and check out of your room by signing up for an Express Move Out.
To utilize this option follow these steps:
1. Sign Up for an Express Move Out on the Sign Up Sheet on or near your Resident Assistant’s room door – this informs your RA that you will not need to arrange an appointment with them.
2. Get an Express Move Out Envelope from your RA or your Area Desk.
- Completely move out, clean your room thoroughly, windows should be closed, your lights should be off, and your door locked.
- Place your swipe card, and keys/fob in the Move Out Envelope (Sign, Initial and seal it).
- Turn in the envelope (with hard keys/access cards/key fob’s inside) to your Area Desk.
- Complete a change of address card.
- All steps must be completed by Noon on the Saturday of closing.
Please Note: By choosing an Express Move Out you forfeit your Right to Appeal any Damage Charges found by Residence Life Staff. Please do a very thorough job of cleaning your room and common areas if you select this option. This includes shelves, carpet, refrigerators, posters, etc. You must properly recycle or dispose of all items and trash before checking-out. Be sure to take your bike as it may be tagged for removal.
Moving to another Residence Hall with Approval
Students who are moving to a different room or residence hall will receive an email with specific details regarding Move Out.
Students must move out by the established closing date(s) unless otherwise approved by UF Housing Staff. At this time UF Housing cannot accommodate storage in a new room between the Summer B and Fall semester break.
Staying in your Current Room Next Semester
Students staying in the same bedroom from Fall to Spring, Summer B to Fall, Spring to Summer A/C, or Innovation Academy do not need to remove personal belongings from their same room. You cannot stay in this room during the break period. Please keep all items off the floor as your room may have the floor(s) treated during these break periods.
Keys and Fobs may be required to be returned during the break period between semesters. This will be discussed in your closing floor meeting with your Resident Assistant.
Failure to remove ALL personal belongings (if moving out) will result in additional charges and/or disciplinary action. Students will be charged a nominal fee of $200.00 plus $25.00 per staff member/per hour involved to pack, inventory, store, and remove personal belongings left in the room or to prepare the room for a roommate.Moving Out improperly will result in a separate nominal fee of $200.00. Lost or misplaced keys not turned in at the time of move out will be charged to the student’s account. Professional staff in the residential area have final decision over damage billing.