All Florida Prepaid students MUST notify Housing of their enrollment in the Dormitory Plan prior to the first day of check-in.
Policies for All Prepaid Dormitory Plan Residents
- The Florida Prepaid Dormitory Plan will pay the full rental rate for the standard, air-conditioned, double room (a room occupied by 2 students) in any University of Florida Housing and Residence Education operated facility.
- Students that have the Florida Prepaid Dormitory Plan that live in other rooms will have their room paid in full as long as the rent for that space is lower than the highest-priced standard double room available on the University of Florida campus.
- Students that have the Florida Prepaid Dormitory Plan that live in rooms that cost more than the highest-priced standard double room on campus will be responsible for paying any cost differences. For Fall 2017, the only rooms that would cost more than this would be single rooms in Hume, Cypress, and Infinity Halls and Super Suites in Infinity Hall.
- Students enrolled in Florida Prepaid Dormitory Plan are personally responsible for all charges and other policies outlined in the Terms and Conditions of the Residence Hall Contract.
Students who decide not to attend the University of Florida are required to cancel their Residence Hall Contract(s) and must also notify the Florida Prepaid College Board.
- At this time, Florida Prepaid Dormitory Plan cannot be used to pay Summer A and/or B campus housing costs at the University of Florida.
- Florida Prepaid College Program’s FAQs for their Housing Program
- UF Student Financial Affairs Florida Prepaid Information
Incoming Freshmen and Transfer Students
Florida Prepaid Dormitory Plan will cover up to the suite style double room rate. Incoming students with the Florida Prepaid Dormitory Plan should select the “Florida Prepaid” option on the Housing application and housing contract.
Florida Prepaid students should complete the Housing contract as soon as possible so that Housing and Residence Education can verify Florida Prepaid Dormitory Plan enrollment. All housing contracts must be completed by the due date to guarantee a space in campus housing.
If the student has not previously completed a Housing contract with another state university in Florida, Florida Prepaid will be billed for the student’s fall/spring contract advance rent payment after completion of the online portion of the contract.
Current residents with additional semesters of credit in the Florida Prepaid Dormitory Plan must complete all deadlines related to the Continuing Student Room Signup process. All re-contracting requests may not be able to be accommodated due to high demand.
Innovation Academy Residents
Since students in the Innovation Academy program are required to be here for Summer C (A & B), Florida Prepaid Dormitory Plan funds can be used to pay Summer C rent. In order to do this, students must contact the Florida Prepaid College Board and request that their funds be used to pay Summer C housing.
Students living off-campus with additional semesters of credit in the Florida Prepaid Dormitory Plan must apply for campus housing. All requests may not be able to be accommodated for due to high demand. The University of Florida Department of Housing and Residence Education is not able to bill Florida Prepaid for off campus housing accommodations or fraternity and sorority housing charges.
Students Enrolled for Less Than Half-Time
The Florida Prepaid College Board office has indicated that “usage of a 1-Year Florida University
Dormitory Plan by a student who is enrolled less than half-time may cause tax consequences related to
the earnings on the 1-Year Florida University Dormitory Plan as more fully set forth in 26 U.S.C.
529(e)(3)(B).” Definition of half-time enrollment at the University of Florida can be found on the UF
Financial Aid Office’s Website.