The end of the semester can bring both excitement and added stress. Your mental health and well-being are a top priority. If you, or someone you know, may be experiencing distress please contact U Matter, We Care at email@example.com. For more information on what to look for please visit: counseling.ufl.edu/worried-about-a-student/.
U Matter, We Care | 352-294-2273 | umatter.ufl.edu
The information below is meant to support your move-out process. Please let our staff members know if there is anything we can do to assist you.
If you’re doing an internship or changing rooms, don’t get stuck moving your stuff by yourself. Work with OnDemand Storage, the official storage partner of UF students.
• secure storage
• return of your belongings
It is the most convenient storage solution that allows students and families to focus on what really matters
• more time to focus on finals
• save time and money by traveling lighter
• use a trusted partner of the University
Learn more below
SPRING 2019 — May 4, 2019 at noon.
SUMMER A — June 22, 2019 at noon.
SUMMER B — August 10, 2019 at noon.
FALL 2019 — December 14, 2019 at noon.
There are two options to move out of your room for each semester: Traditional or Express Move Out.
1. MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR RESIDENT ASSISTANT FOR ROOM MOVE-OUT
Appointments must be made 24 hours in advance and must be completed by 11:30 a.m. on the Saturday of closing.
Move-out must occur after you have removed all belongings from your room and are ready to leave the residence hall.
2. YOUR RESIDENT ASSISTANT WILL WALK THROUGH THE ROOM WITH YOU AND NOTE ANY CONDITION ISSUES
• When you and your Resident Assistant leave your room at the completion of room move-out, windows should be closed, your lights should be off, and your door locked. Other staff, including Residence Life and Maintenance staff, will also walk through the building after everyone has moved out.
3. WITHIN 30 MINUTES OF COMPLETING ROOM CHECK-OUT, BRING YOUR MOVE OUT RECEIPT CARD TO THE AREA OFFICE
• Turn in all hard keys/access cards/key fobs.
• Complete a change of address card so mail and packages will be forwarded to the correct location.
Please note: Rooms with trash or items left (that do not belong to a roommate that has not left) will not be cleared for move-out. This includes shelves, carpet, rental refrigerators, posters, etc. You must properly recycle or dispose of all items and trash before checking-out with your RA. Be sure to take your bike as it may be tagged for removal.
To utilize this option follow these steps:
1. SIGN UP FOR AN EXPRESS MOVE OUT ON THE SIGN UP SHEET ON OR NEAR YOUR RESIDENT ASSISTANT’S ROOM DOOR – THIS INFORMS YOUR RA THAT YOU WILL NOT NEED TO ARRANGE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THEM.
2. GET AN EXPRESS MOVE OUT ENVELOPE FROM YOUR RA OR YOUR AREA DESK.
• Completely move out, clean your room thoroughly, windows should be closed, your lights should be off, and your door locked.
• Place your swipe card, and keys/fob in the Move Out Envelope (Sign, Initial and seal it).
• Turn in the envelope (with hard keys/access cards/key fob’s inside) to your Area Desk.
• Complete a change of address card.
• All steps must be completed by Noon on the Saturday of closing.
Please Note: By choosing an Express Move Out you forfeit your Right to Appeal any Damage Charges found by Residence Life Staff. Please do a very thorough job of cleaning your room and common areas if you select this option. This includes shelves, carpet, refrigerators, posters, etc. You must properly recycle or dispose of all items and trash before checking-out. Be sure to take your bike as it may be tagged for removal.
Students must move out by the established closing date(s) unless otherwise approved by UF Housing staff. At this time UF Housing cannot accommodate storage in a new room between the Summer B and Fall semester break
You cannot stay in your rooms during the breaks between Summer B and Fall or Fall and Spring. Please keep all items off the floor as your room may have the floor(s) treated during these break periods. We occasionally require Keys and Fobs to be returned during the break period between semesters. This will be discussed in your closing floor meeting with your Resident Assistant.
Students may stay in their room during the break between Spring and Summer A as well as the break between Summer A and Summer B.
To learn more about storage options, please visit our storage solutions page.
If you have an emergency pertaining to your bathroom during this period please submit an iService request. All other cleaning tasks will be completed once you have checked out of your space. We wish all the best on your exams as well as your future endeavors!!
CONTRACT CANCELLATION INSTRUCTIONS
All residents are obligated to pay 60 days’ rent from the required, official notification of an intent to vacate their apartment. Simply put, in order to avoid additional rent charges, residents must provide 60 days’ notice before moving out.
NOTICE OF INTENT TO VACATE (NIV)
To provide 60 days’ notification, all residents must complete an NIV through the online resident portal located here. Residents are encouraged to submit their NIV 60-75 days prior to moving out. Residents who provide less than 60 days notice before moving out will be required to pay rent beyond their move out date.
Residents are required to move out on the date they provided through the online NIV form.
Once the 60 day obligation period has been reached prior to the move out date it cannot be changed. It is very important to be certain of a move out date before submitting the form.
MOVING OUT EARLY:
Residents may move out before their move out date, however, they will still be obligated to pay rent through the original move out date or until the end of their rental obligation, whichever comes later.
MOVING OUT LATE:
Moving after a resident’s chosen move out date is not allowed. Residents who move out late may be required to renew their 60 day obligation in addition to other charges.
MOVING OUT OF YOUR APARTMENT
Contact your village office for information about returning your keys, reporting apartment damages or other logistics involved with physically moving out of your apartment.